Student's FAQs — Office of the Bursar (2024)

Electronic Access/Electronic Payment/Email Notification

By following the Three Steps below, you will be able to obtain the information ON-LINE to help you with your questions and provide information on your Student Account.

    • You will find the step by step instructions to Set Up your UofL Pin here.
    • With your Student ID and your UofL PIN, you are able to review your most up to date information and determine your balance. You may also use this web link to remit your electronic payment via E-Check or Credit Card
  • THIRD STEP - SET UP ANY AUTHORIZED PAYER(s) email accounts (such as those of parents or significant others) to receive Bursar Email notifications.
    1. Logon to ULINK
    2. Under “Tuition-Fees-Payment Options”
    3. Select “Authorized Payer”
    4. Select “Add an Email Address”
    5. From the drop down box, select from one of the choices in the drop down box:
      1. SF-PAYER1
      2. SF-PAYER2
      3. SF-PAYER3
      4. SF-PAYER4
    6. Enter Email Address
    7. Select Save


What is this fee? The Primary Care Health Fee provides a safety net for all uninsured students but is NOT a substitute for health insurance. AdditionalInformation about the Primary CareHealth Fee.

Can this fee be waived? Yes. Log into your ULink account, under the CAMPUS HEALTH section, click on “Waive Primary Care Health Fee.” Fill in the information and check the acknowledgement at the bottom of the form. Click on the submit button. You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your waiver request. Please allow 48-72 hours for your account to be adjusted. Additional information about waiving the Primary Care Health Fee.


What is this fee? Students that are enrolled as a Full time undergraduate student in which (9) nine or more of the credit hours are on-campus credit hours and do not reside in on-campus housing are assessed the Base Flex Plan of $300.00.

Can I appeal to have this fee waived? Yes. Review the Meal Plan Waiver Policy and complete the appeal form.

Who should I contactto waivea Meal Plan? To petition to waive a meal plan complete the waiver form online. For questions regarding the waiver process, please send an email or contact the Cardinal Card Office at (502) 852-7520.

Information on all available meal plans.

How do I pay by credit card or E-check? Login into ULink > Tuition-Fees-Payment Options > Make a Payment. OR online, Make A Payment-Review Student Account.

Can I pay with a credit card in the Bursar’s office? The Bursar Office does not process credit card payments in person. You may pay with a Credit Card online through ULink or via the web payment portal.

What is an E-Check and what information will I need to process an E-Check? It is an electronic check, also known as anElectronic Funds Transfer. You will need your routing number and checking account number, locatedat the bottom of your check or you can obtain it from your banking institution.

Why is there a convenience fee charged when using a credit card? This fee is imposed by the third-party credit card company who processes the payment.

When is tuition due? View the Bursar’s Website for Payment Due Dates.

What is a PIN number? How do I set-up a UofL PIN? A PIN is a personal identification number. A UofL PIN can be set-up in ULink> personal information > PIN.

Providing another person with your PIN and student ID number allows them to make an online payment using a credit card or e-check. To remove this access, simply change your PIN.

Who should I contact regarding my Veteran benefits? Carissa Gentry: (502) 852-0998. The Office of Military and Veteran Student Services is located in the Houchens Building, Lower Level 008.

Who should I contact to petition for the instate residency tuition rate? The Registrar's Office, (502) 852-6528 or via email. The Registrar's Office is located in the Houchens Building Room LL31.

How do I set-up direct deposit for my student refunds?

Visit ULink > Tuition-Fee > Student Refunds

You will be directed to the Student Center where you will see "Choose Refund Method"

How will a Parent PLUS loan be processed and refunded?

Parent PLUS loans will be applied toward the related tuition and other fees on a student's account. If the total tuition and other fees are paid in full by the Parent PLUS loan, then any eligible refunds from the excess funds by the Parent PLUS loan will be issued in form of a paper check to the Parent or person which borrowed the Parent Plus Loan.

How do I withdraw money from my BankMobile Account? There is no BankMobile office located in Louisville. Visit Allpoint Network for convenient ATM locations to access funds with no fee.

How do I add money to my Cardinal Card? Visit the Cardinal Card office using cash, Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Or online with Visa, MasterCard or Discover. If you are depositing cash you will need to use a Value Port, which are conveniently located throughout campus to allow you to add cash to your Cardinal Cash account. You can also check your Cardinal Cash balance and purchase a visitor card at any value port location.
** Please follow machine instructions before adding funds at a value port. Value ports do not give change.

Value Port locations:

    1. Cardinal Card Office - Houchens foyer
    2. Ekstrom Library - main floor (2 locations)**
    3. Ekstrom Library - third floor**
    4. Law School Library**
    5. Art School Library**
    6. HSC Kornhauser Library**
    7. Music School Library**
    8. North Computer Lab - College of Business
    9. South Computer Lab - MITC (next to McAlister's)
    10. Student Activities Center - outside of Quick Zone

How can I get a copy of my 1098-T? Log into ULink, on the Student Services Tab select view 1098-T. This information is also available online.

Why don’t I receive a bill in the mail? The University of Louisville sends out billing statements electronically through your UofL Email.

What is an exit interview and how do I complete this interview? An exit interview is a loan counseling sessionto advise youof your loan repayment schedule, obligations, and rights to deferment and/or cancellation. This exit interview is required whenever you are no longer enrolled as at least a half-time student.

To begin this process, visit Heartland Educational Computer Systems (ECSI) website.

    1. Click on the Borrower/Student Login Drop down box and select the "Your Student Loan Account" Option
    2. Your school code:UL
    3. Account Number: your SSN or UofL Student ID
    4. Your PIN: if you do not know your PIN, contact Heartland ECSI by phone 888-549-3274 Monday thru Friday, 7:30am to 8:00pm EST

To begin the exit process you will need the following information:

    • Your Social Security number
    • Your driver's license number
    • Name, address, and telephone number of your next of kin and/or parent
    • Names, addresses, telephone numbers, and employers for two references residing at different addresses
    • Name, address, and telephone number of your expected employer (if known)

I am still a registered student, why do I need to complete an exit interview? The federal government requires UofL to conduct this exit interview whenever you are no longer enrolled as at least a half-time student. Some reasons that you may drop below half time are:

  • You are graduating from school.
  • The Registrar's Office shows you as enrolled less than half-time.
  • You are withdrawing from school.
  • You are transferring to another school.
  • You are taking a leave of absence from school.
  • You are attending a semester abroad.

    Completing the exit interview does not mean that you cannot return to school in the future, transfer to a different school, or continue to receive financial aid.

    Can I defer my tuition payment? If you are being reimbursed by your employer, you are eligible to defer payment of your tuition balance due. Review the Tuition Reimbursem*nt Payment Plan (TRPP) under available Payment Plans.

    What is a Bursar Financial Hold? A hold placed on a student’s account when the semester payment is not received by the due date orwhen a monthly payment plan contract is not fully paid. The Bursar Hold will prevent a student from making changes to any current enrollment, enrolling in any future semesters, obtaining an official academic transcript, obtaining any official confirmation of degree or receiving their diploma.

    How do I get the Bursar Financial Hold removed? The student account balance must be paid in full. NOTE: If you are remitting payment on a delinquent balance by check or e-check, a 21-day delay may be imposed in lifting the hold.

    How can I set-up a payment plan? Information on Payment Plans and Payment Options is available on the Bursar's website. NOTE: Your completed application, application fee and first payment must be received before the payment plan can be activated. Please review available payment plans to find the corresponding non-refundable application fee associated with the plan you will be participating in.

    Who is eligible for a Cardinal Registration Payment Plan (CRPP) and how do I get approved? Anyone can participate in this payment plan, there is no approval process. However, any past due balance must be paid prior to participating in the CRPP.

    Who do I contact regarding my FAFSA? The Financial Aid office, located in the Houchens Building, Room 110. Contact via email or telephone at (502) 852-5511.

    Who should I contact to apply for a loan? The Financial Aid office, located in the Houchens Building, Room 110. Contact via email or telephone at (502) 852-5511.

    Where do I purchase a parking permit? Online or by visiting the Parking Office located in the Floyd Street Parking Garage, Suite 100.

    Where do I pay a parking ticket? Online or by visiting the Parking Office located in the Floyd Street Parking Garage, Suite 100.

    Where do I get a transcript? The Registrar’s Office located in Houchens Building, Lower Level 31. Transcripts may also be requested online.

    Are the Registrar and Bursar the same office? No. The Registrar’s Office is located in Houchens Building, Lower Level 31, and isresponsible for academic information such as:

      • adding/withdrawing from classes,
      • transcripts,
      • grades,
      • proof of enrollment,
      • diplomas, and
      • petitioning tuition charges.

    The Bursar’s Office is responsible for student financial issues such as:

      • student payment process,
      • student billing,
      • third party billing,
      • payment plans,
      • Refunds,
      • Federal Perkins loans, and
      • institutional loans.

    I am eligible for the employee/dependent Tuition Remission benefit, how do I implement this program? Forms and information are available on the Human Resources website. You may also contact the Human Resources Benefits department (502) 852-6258 orvia email. Their office is located at 1980 Arthur Street.

    Student's FAQs — Office of the Bursar (2024)


    Top Articles
    Latest Posts
    Article information

    Author: Arline Emard IV

    Last Updated:

    Views: 5975

    Rating: 4.1 / 5 (52 voted)

    Reviews: 83% of readers found this page helpful

    Author information

    Name: Arline Emard IV

    Birthday: 1996-07-10

    Address: 8912 Hintz Shore, West Louie, AZ 69363-0747

    Phone: +13454700762376

    Job: Administration Technician

    Hobby: Paintball, Horseback riding, Cycling, Running, Macrame, Playing musical instruments, Soapmaking

    Introduction: My name is Arline Emard IV, I am a cheerful, gorgeous, colorful, joyous, excited, super, inquisitive person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.